October 24, 2014
Updated and important new information about the AISF 2014-2015 School Year and campus opening.
Dear AISF Parents
The Board of Directors for the American International School of Freetown (AISF) has decided that given the prevailing health situation in Sierra Leone, the school will stay closed for the remaining of the academic year 2014/2015.
The plan at present is to reopen in September 2015, however the Board will meet regularly to discuss the health situation in the country and eventually revisit that decision. All registration fees and prepaid tuitions will be refunded back to parents or organizations that had made payments for the academic year 2014/15.
Our main concern is student safety as expressed in earlier communication but also the quality of the education we provide to our community. The Board will continue to monitor the situation and will promptly update the members on any new development.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish for further information and clarification.
Abdoul Karim Kone
AISF Board of Director
Dear friends and visitors,
1) Our teachers are from seven different countries and are all native English speakers. All of them have university degrees or certification and are experienced educators.
2) Our students come from over 25 different countries and add to the diversity of our truly internationally-minded school.
3) We are committed to the highest educational standards of an American-curriculum, standards based school.
4) We are the only fully US Accredited school in Freetown.
5) We have an amazing array of activities including large campus activities, After School Activities, field trips and special events.
Our students become smart, confident and inquiring members of our community who are ready for success in life and school.
With warmest regards till we see you in Freetown,
The AISF School Community